<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, May 14, 2004

I assumed that today I'd write about Ronan's first haircut, and how his seven-minute stint in the barber chair was $19 (helium balloon and polaroid picture included). But then we had the incident.

It began with a diaper change. Ronan isn't willing to lay still long enough to even get his diaper off, so JP was holding him, standing, naked, on his changing table. And he peed into the diaper drawer. Which was merely funny, because it's full of cloth diapers.

So we moved to the floor and I did a poor job of putting a new diaper on as he kept violently twisting his torso in his attempts to flip over and escape.

Then came the big poop of 2004. Out the side of the diaper, down my pants, onto the floor. And a sock. And a pillow. Shock. Horror. The baby, happily oblivious (and probably feeling way better), continues his manic dance in my arms.

I head rapidly for the bathtub. Try not to get a handful of poop. Drop the baby. Luckily, he wasn't that far from the floor. Have to breastfeed Ronan (JP: "Is there any poop on your boob?") to calm him down and assure him that Momma did not intend to drop him on his head.

Ronan's asleep now, and JP and I are going to have a drink. Whether it's what you're going to write or when you're going to bathe, kids have their own agenda. I'm just glad that we get to start over again tomorrow...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?