<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, May 02, 2004

I have always been good at multi-tasking -- maybe because I'm a Gemini. But now I'm the queen of micro-tasking. Ronan's happily banging a metal measuring cup on the kitchen floor? There's five minutes to empty the dishwasher. When he's sitting in his high chair, occupied with navigating a piece of apple to his mouth, I can fold the laundry. It's momma management.

I take my job seriously. First priority is always the baby. His care, feeding, general happiness and development. Then me -- shower, lunch, bathroom breaks, a few minutes of computer time, Ellen. Then the house, but really only to bare minimum standards. The kitchen is always my number one hot spot, probably because I spend a lot of time there.

The reality is that I'm a pretty lousy housekeeper. Luckily, all performance reviews so far indicate that I'm a pretty good momma.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?