<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, May 21, 2004

I now bow before the almighty nap schedule. When Ronan was younger, I kind of poo-pooed it, saying, "he's flexible." Sure, when he was sleeping 18+ hours a day, he was flexible! Now, at the first rub of the eyes or half-yawn, I'm racing him to his room or the carseat, not wanting to miss the nap window.

It is nice that he'll nap in the car. I leave a book in there, drive around for 10-15 minutes, then park and read. Sometimes I fear a little old lady will report me as a stalker, since I park on a residential street for an hour and just sit there. But I'd rather get the solid hour and a half in the car then risk him waking after 45 minutes at home.

I've never spent so much time discussing, researching and obsessing about sleep. Who knew it was so hard? Currently Ronan sleeps on his bedroom floor (on a foam pad). I have to nurse him to sleep, then sneak away. He even continues to "air nurse" once I'm gone. The kid's a sucking machine! There are days when I'm feeling like an overexposed photo, when I wish I could just pop him in his crib and be done with it. But it's so nice when he's all sleepily scrimped up next to me with his butterscotch breath and fine, tickly baby hair. I try to savor these days, because I know they're numbered.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?