<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, July 10, 2004

Nothing is mine. In Ronan's world, everything is "ours." Laptop, cell phone, spatula -- they're all objects of desire to a ten-month old. And I'm fine with that, within reason. His job is to explore his world; feel, taste, bang and sort things, building his brain's library from scratch.

The only issue I'm having is with food. I've always been a little protective of my food. If you didn't order fries, too bad, because I'm not sharing. But I'm having trouble explaining this to Ronan. And I guess I didn't expect him to be such an adventurous little foodie. Homemade bran muffins -- yum! He mowed through almost a whole one by himself. Grapefruit juice warranted a sour face, but he still reached for the glass again and again.

So I'm working on widening my circle of sharing to include food. But only for Ronan.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?