<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, July 23, 2004

Notifying the Nobel Prize Committee

It's hard not to be all prideful when you're a parent. Every new physical feat, whether it's transferring a toy from one hand to the other or successfully throwing a ball in the right direction (and not backward over his shoulder), is a cause for celebration and a phone call to daddy.

But at the same time I realize the absurdity of lauding my son for successfully sitting down from a standing position. Will he come to expect applause every time he enters a room? When he does something he's proud of, like, say, throwing a lego back into the bin, he looks at me for affirmation. And I'm happy to supply it. I figure that he'll have plenty of naysayers (coaches, teachers, bosses) in his life. I'm going to keep encouraging him -- right after I email Nobel.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?